SPECIALLY FORMULATED FOR SOME OF THE TOUGHEST CONDITIONS ON EARTH
New HONEY KOTE® from BESTOLIFE® is the superior choice when maximum protection against seizing, galling, and load-bearing stress is critical. This innovative premium compound has been specially formulated to resist washout and corrosion while providing ultimate efficiency in higher temperature environments. Also provides long-term storage protection for threaded surfaces in a variety of conditions.
WHY HONEY KOTE?
TOUGH. TESTED. SWEET!
Bearing stress is the contact pressure between the pin and box at the make-up shoulder. As the tool joint is tightened, the bearing stress at the make-shoulder increases. The maximum bearing stress is the function of the maximum torque and the total area of the make-up shoulder. BESTOLIFE HONEY KOTE protected the NC50 tool joint from galling caused by high bearing stresses. The 54,500 ft-lbs. created calculated bearing stress on the make-up shoulder to 143,500 psi.
The pressure test objective is to show the ability of BESTOLIFE HONEY KOTE to seal very high pressure at the makeup shoulder. The test was conducted by increasing pressure incrementally up to 25,000 psi, about 10,000 psi higher than the pressure used in fracking operations.
- Base grease with excellent water resistance and inherent extreme pressure protection
- Superb protection against seizing and galling at more than 54k ft/lbs on NC50 tool joints
- Average break out torque ratio: 89% of makeup
- Successfully pressure tested up to 25,000 psi
- Highly formulated inhibitors to protect against rust and corrosion
- Salt Spray: 2,500 hrs (ASTM B117)